(Using Audacity Software, microphones and portable digital recorders)
Preliminary exercise: the introductory music/jingle for a show on the radio with a presenter introducing and greeting their guest (who must respond) and playing an archive sound clip relating to the guest (approximately 30-40 seconds duration in total). This exercise is to demonstrate understanding of sound editing and mixing and conventions of radio.
All audio material must be original, produced by the candidate(s), with the exception of music or audio effects from a copyright-free source. Both preliminary and main tasks may be done individually or as a group. Maximum four members to a group.
Production roles:
Kilipi Makumbu- Guest/Co-Producer
Evidence of planning:
Script
*Intro*
P: Hello and welcome to Fleet Street radio, I'm your host, Cindy Harper.
Today I have a new up and coming actor who features in the new action packed Blockbuster Limit Breaker here is Michael Simpson.
*Archive*
G: Thanks for having me on the show Cindy, I'm really excited to be promoting my new Blockbuster Limit Breaker which is out in cinemas this Friday.
P: Thanks for joining us at Fleet Street radio, Michael. Good luck with Limit Breaker.
*Outro*
P: Hello and welcome to Fleet Street radio, I'm your host, Cindy Harper.
Today I have a new up and coming actor who features in the new action packed Blockbuster Limit Breaker here is Michael Simpson.
*Archive*
G: Thanks for having me on the show Cindy, I'm really excited to be promoting my new Blockbuster Limit Breaker which is out in cinemas this Friday.
P: Thanks for joining us at Fleet Street radio, Michael. Good luck with Limit Breaker.
*Outro*
photos
Evidence of construction and revision:

In screenshot number 1 I have highlighted the section of the audio where the guest is speaking. In the second screenshot I have also done the same. The reason for highlighting these two sections is because we, as a group, decided to do a retake of this audio section. The original version of the audio (No.1) wasn’t of a high enough volume so we went over again and came out with the ending piece (No.2).
Soundcloud audio:


Elle,
ReplyDeleteAlthough the production itself arises from group work you are not allowed to present identical Blogs. I am unable to tell from this what you did or what exactly you think about the process of construction. The Blog entry has to be yours and yours alone....40/60. This mark is too generous actually.